Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Family of Four

I know its been quite awhile since I've posted on our blog, but I've had a pretty good excuse. It turns out that Jake will be a big brother next February! I'm due on February 19th which means Jake and his brother/sister will be just over 24 months apart. This was quite a surprise for us, but a very, very nice one. We had a difficult time getting pregnant with Jake, but this baby was a surprise from God! What a blessing!!! With Jake, I was only sick a few times my whole pregnancy, but this baby is quite different. I've been sick 24 hours a day for 4 weeks now--I've decided "morning sickness" is a misnomer. Also of course taking care of Jake while I've been sick has been an adventure. Lucky for me I have one great 17 month old who is laid back and is generally very content.
Jake continues to always make us smile and amaze us with his joy. He weighs 27 pounds now and is quite the stocky little fellow. People are always amazed at how heavy he is when they pick him up. He is a "solid" kid--to think we were once worried about him growing :) I know he'll make a great big brother when the time comes. I've taught him to point to my stomach and say "baby," but I know he has no idea what that means--its just pretty cute.
We've had a pretty relaxing summer so far. I do have some pictures to post later of Jake; I just need to upload them to the computer. This past weekend we went to Marshall to visit Ty's family and had a really nice time. We got to see all of Ty's siblings and spend some time with them as well as his dad and stepmom.
In other news, we had to find Gilbert a new home last week. This was really traumatic for me and I'm pretty sure I was more emotional since I'm pregnant. Gilbert was the first dog I ever loved--I never was a "dog" person before him, but I fell in love with that little guy. He just never adjusted to life with Jake and we had a really rough last few weeks with him. He'd always been neurotic, but he really went a bit crazy. Any time Jake cried, Gilbert howled at the top of his little lungs. The boiling point was him biting Ty on the 4th of July. We think he was scared and just snapped, but we couldn't have that around Jake so Ty found a nice older lady that lives in the country to take him. I packed all of his sweaters, Halloween costumes, scarfs for the winter, and other clothes up and gave her all of it. I know its best for him and us, but it was pretty sad. It will be a LONG time before we ever have another dog. So goodbye dear Gilbert!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

congrats amy! that is so great!!! i hope that you feel better soon...very, very soon!

The Cox Family said...

Wow! Congratulations! I can understand how you are feeling though. I'll be 36 wks on Friday and I am SO ready for him to come! I've felt awful this entire time. Now it's ligament pain down my inner thighs. I can hardly stand or walk or lift my legs to do anything. Ahhh. It'll be over soon. That's what I keep thinking. On a more positive note, (kinda') with this new pain I'm starting my maternity leave now! : ) Anyways - congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yeah its about time you posted! Can I say I am soooooooo excited for you. If you need anything be sure to let me know!

Claudia

Kelsey said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys. Sorry to hear about Gilbert. I know it must be so hard for you. I had a hard time giving up Dexter a couple of years ago and I wasn't even that attatched to him. I'm sure Gilbert loves his new home though. Hope you start feeling better real soon!

Sally said...

Congratulations AMY!! So sorry about Gilbert, I know how much you loved him ~ Hang in there and hope you feel better real soon.

The Loftis Family said...

Congratulations, Amy! We'll be having kids close in age again. We are having # 3. My due date is Jan 12. Sorry you've been so sick, though :(. Sorry to hear about Gilbert, but glad you found someone to send him. Loveya
Kaylee

Randi said...

When I read your blog, this is what I was reminded of (and it's actually Bryce's verse)...
I Samuel 1:27-28
"27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD..."
We are praying and rejoicing with you guys!
And I didn't know about Gilbert! I am so sorry!

Randi said...

Aim & Ty, we are rejoicing with you and praying for you!
I Samuel 1:27-28
"27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD..."
And you didn't tell me about Gilbert! I am so sorry! I know how much you loved him! Has Jake missed him?