Saturday, August 08, 2009

Gracie at 5 months



I feel like I have sorely neglected Grace in the blog this month. Her brother's heart surgery trumped her as far as newsworthiness I guess, but there's still plenty to say about our Gracie! She was such a champ during the surgery and definitely bonded with all of her grandparents. Her grandmothers all adore her, but she's definitely stolen her grandfathers' hearts for sure. Her Pops calls her his indian princess since he's part Cherokee Indian, and she has that crazy dark hair. Her Poppy took her for walks everyday when he was here and at the hospital too and didn't mind that a bit! While we were at the hospital, we learned even more what a people person Grace is. On an elevator or walking down the hall, she would coo or screech at people until she got their attention and then she'd give them her million dollar smile. She's our passionate little girl for sure.

She already wants to be on the go so badly. She is scooting around the house and getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth trying to crawl. She can't quite make that work yet which infuriates her to no end. She wants the toys Jake is playing with and will scoot and scoot until she can reach them. She still adores her big brother and just smiles and smiles at him.

She still doesn't like to sleep although she has taken the occasional hour long nap this past week. I took her into the doctor this past week, and she was put on medicine for acid reflux. I'm hoping that will eventually help her sleep if her tummy feels better. She couldn't digest rice cereal or formula (which she had to have some during the hospital week) so hopefully the medicine will help her digestion so we can start baby food soon. She desperately wants to eat and gives you the most longing faces when you're eating in front of her.

Gracie wants to be independent but she also craves constant attention. She does not like to leave my sight, and will tell me very loudly if she needs me. I probably should have invested in a nice baby sling because I have a feeling that might have really worked for her! She makes our lives very interesting and it's hard to remember life without her...what a ray of sunshine :)

She still LOVES her dolly

And, she REALLY loves being on her tummy

Her "after eating" hair...bless her heart :)

4 comments:

Halls said...

Precious!! I just love that picture of her on top of the page! Adorable. Glad you are doing well. Look forward to seeing you guys soon! miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love that, "Indian Princess". I hadn't heard about that, yet. She's so gorgeous!--Casey

Mark and Destin Brannon said...

I have an inkling that sweet Gracie has never been neglected one day in her life! She just won't allow it! I'm also pretty sure you have one smart little girl on your hands - she's already pretty advanced!

Beth said...

Holy Cow look at all that HAIR!! She's a doll baby! I have some giveaways you can enter here if you interested: http://thefabulouswon.blogspot.com

thanks