Monday, May 24, 2010

15 months later...

Our baby girl is 15 months old today…I'm still trying to soak in every moment of her being a baby, but I fear it is fleeting very quickly. She seems to be growing up so quickly. Our miss little personality continues to make us laugh everyday and light up our house. At 15 months…

She has 6 teeth.
She is running everywhere.
She loves to dance.
She talks constantly (Ty says in this regard she's just like her mommy)…she has several words and imitates much of what we say. She has a cute, low voice that is often hard to hear.
She loves baby dolls, playing dress up, trains, cars, the dirt, and most of all cookies :)
She likes to do the Hot Dog Dance at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
She gives the best hugs in the world.
She doesn't like to be told no and produces large tears when this happens. We definitely find it most effective if Daddy tells her no. She stops in her tracks and seems to feel much more remorse than when Mommy says no.
She has to sleep with both a stuffed animal and a blanket. Every morning she insists on handing me both before she gets out of her crib. She LOVES stuffed animals and also usually takes one with her in the car.
Her best friend is definitely Jake, and she wants to do whatever he's doing.
She has started to pretend to cook in her play kitchen while I make dinner.
She runs to the door and gives her Daddy a big hug when she hears him coming home from work.
She is 31 inches tall (50-75th)
She weighs 22.6 lbs. (25-50th)

We thank God everyday for our Grace!

Her best friend and brother, Jake

Modeling her LSU tutu outfit from Uncle Jason and Aunt Jolie--she's ready for football season…Mom and Dad, start looking for an OU equivalent, too!

Grace with Jackson, Jake's friend who is 3. He told his mom the other day that Grace was his girlfriend, and last week at church he was with me when I picked up Grace from Bible class. He gave her a huge hug and said, "Grace, you look pretty. I love your dress." I told Ty this story, and he promptly said, "too bad she won't be able to date until she's in college." I laughed, but he didn't. I think he just might be serious.

Loving her baby doll

No more pictures, Mom!

Strawberry Shortcake

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Too cute! And a boyfriend... Owen said he had to pick between Mrs. Hern (his PK teacher) and a little girl Emma Jeffrey for who he was going to marry