I cannot believe that Jake just turned four! Our precious little man had his birthday on Tuesday this week. We are so very proud of Jake for his strength and courage and for his sweet spirit and heart. He'll tell you his favorite Bible verse is "Be Strong and Courageous and don't be afraid" and that pretty much sums up Jake. I've found that verse on a shirt I'm getting him for surgery day. He's a wonderful big brother to Grace. They definitely have their fights, but they fiercely love each other. If he gets a snack for himself, he always makes sure to give Grace one first. He gives wonderful hugs and kisses! Jake is quite independent now at his old age of four. He dresses himself each morning and now likes to make his own breakfast. He's toasts himself a waffle and then spreads the peanut butter on…he loves to make them for mom and dad, too :) He's come along way in speech therapy this past year and is talking more and more. He's doing well at pre-school as well. He's enjoying his first week of "Mommy School" as we've learned about "O" this week. His favorite activity was painting a picture of the ocean…he loves art. He also loves music and his guitar and drum set. He loves having dance parties with his "Go Fish" video and microphone. His favorite toys at four are anything "Toy Story"--he loves Woody and Buzz, his legos, and his cars and race track. His best friends are Jackson, Addison, Emery, Harper, and of course, Grace.
Happy 4th Birthday Jakers! You truly are an inspiration to your mom and dad! We love you!

Newborn Jake…4 years ago!
4 year old Jake!
Peaking out of his Mickey tent Lillie Beth and Jackson gave him for his birthday. We had cupcakes with the Babb's Saturday night and Jake had his first sleepover with Jackson. Claudia said they giggled for 30 minutes before falling asleep. We had Jo Jo over on Monday for Jake's birthday dinner, and Tuesday the triplets were supposed to come over for cupcakes, but Addison wasn't feeling well. They had planned a surprise party for Jake at our life group Sunday, but he was running a fever and we didn't get to go…we'll celebrate with them eventually :)
Grace, LB, Jackson, and Jake
2 comments:
Hi there...just wanted to check in and see how things were going. I cannot believe Jake is four...what a handsome little guy, and a gentleman :) I'm sure that tent will be a definite favorite at your house...ours was used every single day until it wore out and broke!!!
We will definitely pray for Jake as his upcoming surgery approaches. I love his favorite scripture! There's no doubt he is a tough little guy! Hang in there as best you can...we'll pray for you guys too :) xoxo
Happy Birthday Jake! I found you guys through your photographer's blog via iheartfaces... I was touched by sweet Jake's sweetness and the tender photos your photographer captured and I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for a safe and quick surgery and full recovery - for him and for your whole beautiful family. He looks like a tough little man :o) So, I realize this was really stalker-esque, but I just wanted to let you know you have prayers from all over going up for Jake. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment