Sunday, June 03, 2007

First Trip to Oklahoma

When school got out, Jake and I flew to Oklahoma for his first trip to the Sooner State. I made sure he had his OU pacifier for the trip :) He did so well on the airplane--on the way back an older man behind us remarked that he couldn't believe a baby was on the plane since he hadn't heard him cry once. It was wonderful to be home and get to see all of my family and spend time together (although we really missed Ty while we were gone). Jake met many more family members: Sunday, he met Les, Kathy, Disney, and Ky for the first time. Later in the week he got to meet my uncleGary and Aunt Jeannette as well as my uncle David and his girls. My cousin Lacey had a baby, a girl named London, just 5 days after Jake was born. We had a big adventure on Tuesday as I babysat my nephew Hendrix (who just turned one) and Jake all day. They did wonderfully until lunchtime when both were hungry at the same time. Hendrix is just adorable and is exploring everything as he learns to walk. Wednesday, Jake had his first date! My oldest friend JoDee and I took Jake and her little girl Georgia to the zoo. Georgia is a beautiful girl and I keep telling Jake he will need to watch out for her :) JoDee and I have always lived somewhat "parallel" lives and its wonderful to have children around the same age. We also were blessed to be in town the same week as one of my great friends from high school, Alicia. Thursday evening we got to spend time with my other dear friend, Amber, and her little boy, Finn. We got some great pictures of Jake, Finn, and Hendrix in my parent's backyard. Mom and Dad got to spend some good quality time with Jake, and I loved spending time with Ryan's son, Hendrix and getting to know him better. Its hard living away from my family, but it was a blessing to spend a week with them. I plan on showing Jake many pictures so he'll remember who's who and know them each time we visit.

Jake and his Poppy sharing a sweet moment

Jake and London's first meeting


Jake and Georgia's date to the Oklahoma City Zoo


Finn, Jake, and Hendrix

No comments: