Monday, August 20, 2007

My Outdoorsman

It turns out Jake loves playing in the grass as you can see from the picture. On Friday he and I went swimming for a bit and then I got him dried off and took him back outside to enjoy the sunshine. I put him in the grass for the first time and he sat there for a good 30 minutes pulling blades of grass and smiling. He's once again just like his Daddy...I'm allergic to the grass...it makes me sneeze! Ty loves the outdoors and in fact his favorite candle scent is Green Grass by Yankee. He only burns those when I'm gone :) Jake is growing so quickly and looks more and more like a little boy each day.

Carl's lesson at church yesterday was about persistently praying. He asked everyone to spend at least five minutes in prayer five days a week for the families and marriages at Grace Crossing. One of his points was that we should "pray through" situations...praying until we get an answer we can live with. Lately several people have told me how they continue to pray for Jake and his heart defect. Ty's cousin from Washington D.C. sent him a gift recently and in the card said her three girls pray for Jake's heart every night. We were at the Matthews' house this weekend and Greg said their 3 year old, Caden, prays for Jake each night. How wonderful that these parents are already instilling the importance of prayer in their children. I am humbled by all the people who pray for our Jake and I can see results as he is continually healthy and growing strong. We will continue to "pray through" for Jake until the time is right for his surgery.

No comments: