As of today Jake has lived half of a year...he's six months old! I tried to take some cute pictures of him this morning, but as you can see he's a bit squirmy and doesn't sit still too well these days (but he's so darn cute!). His personality is coming out more and more everyday and he's developing a mind of his own. He smiles and laughs more than ever and keeps me smiling all day as well. We went to see Grandpa Al on Monday for some six months pictures, but Jake's teeth were bothering him so he wasn't quite himself. Al did get a couple of wonderful pictures though. I can't wait to get them back. Jake does have a bit of an ear infection that the doctor says is from teething so he's on some antibiotics and Tylenol. The really good news is the past few nights he has been sleeping through the night. Of course I panic when I wake up and I haven't heard him so I'm still getting up several times to check on him...We do have one of those motion monitors though which I know makes me sleep better than I would.
He had two of his girlfriends over today for a "swim date"--Clara and Claire. Jake and Claire looked each other over in the pool, pinched each other, held hands, and stole each other's pacifiers. All in all, a great first date :) Clara is a bit older and she was so sweet with them both, gently patting them on their heads. We managed to get a couple of pictures as you can see above.
On a different note, I was thinking this week about Proverbs 31 and went back and read it. I've been thinking about what a blessing it is to stay home with Jake and how spending the day with him is completely exhausting but so rewarding at the same time. I love when Ty gets home and we can all three have dinner together. After taking care of Jake, the house, the cooking, etc..., I do fall asleep more tired each night more tired than I did teaching (before Jake that is). So my question is...how did the lady in Proverbs 31 do it? The Bible says she gets up before daybreak, never has an idle moment, works in the fields, works in her home, cares for her husband and children, and goes to bed after dark (plus a whole list of other chores). Reading this passage as a child made me think of my grandmother who was a wonderful Christian woman who literally mopped the floor on her hands and knees,made homemade desserts every night for dinner, and faithfully read her Bible. How did she do it? My mom worked so hard in our home making wonderful meals, keeping the house extremely clean, toting us around to all of our games and outings and church events, entertaining us, and teaching Bible classes. Now that I'm the adult, am I supposed to leave this legacy for my children? When thinking about my Grandma and my Mom, I do think about all the "things" they accomplished while raising their children, but more than anything, I think about how they instilled Christ in us. I obviously want to do a wonderful job caring for my house, but more than anything I want to do a wonderful job raising Jake. I'm so thankful for my partner in this undertaking, Ty. We've got six months behind us and many exciting years to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment