Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


I do believe Jake had a fantastic first Halloween. He might not know why in the world I kept putting him in this silly costume, but I believe he did have fun. Sunday night we took him to his first Halloween party at a park in the Woodlands hosted by some friends from church. Ty played with him on the playground and put him in the baby swings. He stole some of his friend Claire's puffs and smiled at everyone. Tonight we took him over to our friends, Steve and Michelle's house. Michelle and I took her kids and Jake trick-or-treating at a local shopping center. He enjoyed watching all of the other kids although his costume didn't last long since it was in the 80s here this evening. There were even many mosquitoes out...crazy Houston weather! We went back to their house and Ty and Steve met us for some chili. Maddie is Jake's age so they crawled around together while Sean ran around entertaining them. Earlier this afternoon I put Gilbert in his dragon outfit and put Jake in his lion costume and took pictures in the backyard. I wanted to document better the world's cutest lion! Gilbert tore the head off his costume and tried to eat it...I wouldn't expect any less :)
The picture below here is of Jake on Sunday. The reason I posted it too is because it is the first time I've seen myself in Jake. He actually looks like my baby pictures here...it proves he IS my son! Also, I had to include Jake in the "I want my Mummy" shirt--I obviously picked this out for Jake. He's smiling in the picture just to make my day :)

No comments: