Monday, November 05, 2007

Our busy little boy

Jake went from crawling to pulling up rather quickly. The little guy is everywhere these days! Every morning he is standing in his crib waiting for me to pick him up and feed him breakfast. I snapped the above picture this weekend because he looks so cute standing there. Since he's fairly little, he does look like a doll (literally!). He found the stairs last week and is mesmerized by them. We have them gated, but this weekend we moved the gate to see what he would do. It turns out Jake can climb the stairs! I stood behind him and Ty stood at the top of the stairs and he had so much fun. We will definitely keep them gated at all times now. He pulls up on everything and now can walk the length of the coffee table by holding on to it. I would love so much for him to walk early because it would be great if he could walk before his surgery. He'll be delayed after his surgery for awhile so if he could do it before, he'd be ahead of the curve. Not to worry if he can't though...he'll catch up soon enough I know.
I did talk to one of his surgery nurses today. She confirmed that they will admit Jake the day before surgery for all of the pre-op testing and hopefully do the surgery first thing Tuesday morning. We can't be guaranteed a time until the day of because of possible emergency surgeries that could arise. She said she would send out a packet of information today and whatever questions it doesn't answer, I could call back and ask. Its only 5 weeks away now, but I'm actually feeling fairly relieved. He seems to be sweating so much more at every feeding ( a symptom of the hole in his heart). Watching him crawl everywhere, you would never know he had a problem, but the sweating is a reminder to me. I hate that he has to work so hard just to eat so I am thankful he will be "patched up" soon.

The pictures below are ones I snapped this morning. I promise I do dress my child most of the time! He just is quite hot natured so he roamed around in his diaper this morning :) The other picture is Jake with his Papa Al. Al and Jonesa stopped by for a visit on Saturday night to see Jake.

No comments: