Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Little Boy





Jake had his first official haircut yesterday afternoon at Sports Clips with Ty. I discovered this is quite a traumatic experience for a mother. Jake's hair wasn't terribly long, but it doesn't curl so it was starting to get in his eyes and come down over his ears and definitely needed a trim. In the end result, he now looks like a little boy and not like a baby...He was great during the hair cut as he sat really still and his eyes just got bigger and bigger. He refused to crack a smile...I wonder if he thought this was some new doctor we were taking him too. The girl who cut it, Brenna, was really sweet with Jake. She is the girl who cuts Ty's hair so Ty trusted her! I can't believe Jake is turning 1 on Friday. It has been quite an exciting first year for him and really for all of us.

After the haircut yesterday, Ty kept Jake so I could go have dinner with a group of girlfriends. I try to organize "girl's night out" about once a month, but because of the holidays and Jake's surgery we all hadn't gotten together since early last fall. About 15 of us ate at The Melting Pot, a fun fondue restaurant in the Woodlands. They have a special on Monday night for girls with cheese fondue, salad, and yummy chocolate fondue. I think everyone had a really great time. Its a blessing to have good friends from church that all get along so well. Starting next week, ladies Bible class is starting on Thursday mornings and we're doing the new Beth Moore study. I'm SO excited to do this...I've always worked before and couldn't go so now that I'm a stay at home mom this year, this is an added perk. Plus, I love Beth Moore studies. She gets so deep in the Word and really makes me have to dig deeper. Her Bible studies have quite a bit of homework which is also good for me because it disciplines me to study my Bible. I'm such a type "A" personality, that structure works for me. I tend to get distracted if I don't have a specific study to do. Well, I'm going to try to get a few more things done before Jake wakes up. Have a blessed day!

No comments: