Sunday, March 09, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears--Oh My!

On Saturday we had a fun family day at the Houston Zoo. Ty played in a tennis tournament for work all day Friday and half a day on Saturday. It was such a beautiful day when he got home, we decided to take Jake on his first Houston zoo trip. I do think Jake really had a great time. He loved watching the giraffes and monkeys the best. He had a great time in the petting zoo. He's definitely not afraid of animals--he walked around trying to hug all of the goats. Jake thought he was so big to get to walk around with the other kids. He also really loved the aquarium. You can see him in the first picture reaching up to see the fish. He seemed to want to jump into the tank with them...he also kept trying to kiss them. Always friendly our little Jake is! Honestly, I've never been a "zoo" person--when I was little I always thought they smelled bad. The only cool thing I liked was the dolphins at the Oklahoma City Zoo (which apparently have died and are no longer there I'm sad to say). But I had a great time on Saturday too. Its a whole different fun getting to witness the zoo through a child's eyes. Even though Jake is still pretty young, he was definitely excited to see the different animals. I just might have to change my mind about the zoo!
I snapped these two pictures of the giraffes and the lion below. Jake's nursery is jungle themed so I thought this might be a good opportunity for new pictures for the nursery...

Jake and Ty are watching the monkeys in the picture above and below is Jake with the goats in the petting zoo. You'll notice he has a sweater on below...I thought it was cold when we first got there, but I soon noticed poor little Jake was sweating in his sweater so we opted for outfit #2 for the rest of the day.

Here Jake just ate "Dip and Dots" for the first time. He loved it of course. My question is this...hasn't dip and dots been the "ice cream of the future" for at least the past 25 years? It seems they should get a new slogan since the whole idea never really took off :)

No comments: