Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Weekend



Easter is my favorite holiday. I love dying eggs...I love making Easter cakes (or cupcakes as was the case this year)...I love Easter clothes...I LOVE Cadburry eggs!...I love that Easter marks the beginning of Spring...I love that Easter holds such a dear religious significance of Christ rising from the grave...what a great holiday! This was the first time in many years I had been home for Easter, and we had such a great time with my family. We got to visit with some dear friends and family. Here are some highlights:
Here is Jake swinging on the porch swing with Grammy.


The above pictures are from the "Rocket Run." There is a big hill at the park in Yukon and years ago my nephew Ky nicknamed it the "Rocket Run" and the name has stuck. Ty loves to bring cardboard and slide down the hill. He saved the box Jake's car seat came in just to roll down the hill when we visited. My dad took both Jake and Hendrix down the hill as well. I'm not sure they knew what to think!


We had an Easter egg hunt for the boys on Saturday afternoon. Jake couldn't quite get the concept down. He was holding the basket walking toward the eggs when he got very distracted by this planter of dirt. He is all boy--he spent most of his time playing in the dirt with the spade and very little time hunting for eggs. He did take half of Hendrix's when were through when he discovered there were treats inside!

My sister-in-law Crystina got the game Rock Band for her birthday this month and she and my brother are hooked on it! They quickly indoctrinated us as well and I discovered I have an inner rocker in me just waiting to escape :) I was HORRIBLE playing the drums, but I did manage to get a good score while singing believe it or not. I would much prefer if it were "pop band" so I would know the songs better. Here are me, Crys, and Amber jamming out! Who knew we were really this cool?




Here are Easter pictures of our family and my brother's family. Jake fell asleep at church and was so exhausted he wouldn't wake up for the picture. He does look quite angelic sleeping though, and Ty is smiling in this picture so I'm happy!

No comments: