I didn't post anything on the blog last week because there wasn't anything terribly earth shattering or exciting going on in the McCathran household. Here are a few pictures and odds and ends that happened:
Last Saturday Jake and I had our last day alone before Ty came home from England. I had seen online that the big Houston public library was having a reopening party with various fun events for kids so I decided to be adventurous and independent and take Jake downtown by myself. It seemed like a good idea...When we got there I realized I would have to pay to park and walk quite awhile to the library so I found a spot in a garage and pushed Jake in the stroller. I decided I was very thankful for the Barbara Bush library by our house that I can drive directly to and park in a free parking lot. I'm glad I don't live downtown--I like the suburbs! Anyway, we got there and I realized quickly Jake was way too young for the festivities, but since we had paid $6 to park, we stayed. They had Home Depot there to make crafts, face painting, singing, pirates ( a little too scary for Jake), African dancers, and a magician. Jake did make there pipe cleaner glasses that are supposed to look like Arthur from the Arthur books.
Monday something exciting DID happen. My best friends from high school and I spent all day trying to get New Kids on the Block tickets...we got them for the October show in Dallas. We were SUCH huge fans in junior high and decided this would be a very appropriate girl's reunion. The band was recently on the Today show and one woman had a sign that read "30 year moms love the New Kids"--I wholeheartedly agree. I can't wait for the show!
Tuesday night we had our life group over for a BBQ and swimming and really enjoyed that. We are blessed to be a part of a wonderful inter generational life group and love the relationships that have been formed.
Friday night our friends the Judd's invited us over for some great fajitas so we could meet the DeCarlo family. They are a couple Ty actually knew at Bammel when he was single. They have a two month old son who will have a similar heart surgery to Jake's next month. We were able to visit with them and give them some insight on the experience. God is really allowing us to use our story quite frequently. We will be praying for their family as they embark on their journey with their little Justin. It was great to catch up with Chris and Kelsey as well.
Tonight we had our friends, the Babb's, over for hamburgers, swimming, and a little electronic monopoly. The kids had fun in the pool and we enjoyed hanging out. It turns out Ty and Gary are both quite competitive at Monopoly--they tried to take Claudia and I for everything...
And lastly...some fun shots of our favorite little guy:
2 comments:
I think it is so neat that you guys are able to be there for so many families because of your experience. It's amazing how God can work through something that seems bad for His good.
amy you are so beautiful! i love that last picture of you and jake!
loved the story about sallie. that kind of stuff has always seemed to happen to her....but living in nyc certainly helps! ;)
it's so fun that ya'll have a pool! those little floaty things are the best arent they? we have one just like those and we love it. the kiddo is closer to you and the water than in those big blow up ones. random...sorry....
love the pictures....jake is a cutie!
Post a Comment