Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Night Out

Tuesday night Ty and I had a rare treat--a date night! His birthday is next week and he asked for Lifehouse tickets for his birthday. They were playing at the Verizon Wireless Theater downtown. I was a little apprehensive because it was a standing room only show, and I'm not a big fan of standing for concerts--I get way too restless. BUT, this was a great show and Ty and I had a wonderful time. A guy named Matt Nathenson opened up for Lifehouse and he was amazing. Lifehouse was also extremely talented and fun to watch, although I was getting pretty tired by the time they played. We felt a bit old at the concert as it seemed most of the people there were in high school or college--its hard to believe we're now in our 30's. We did run into one of Ty's friends from work there so we stood by him and his friend. Ty has such a love for music and always enjoys live shows--I enjoyed watching him enjoy the concert.

We got Molly to babysit for Jake, and I know he had a remarkable evening as well. Believe it or not, this is only the second time he's ever had a babysitter (besides family). We'll have to have Molly sit more often this summer while she's home from UT. I'm really apprehensive to leave Jake with just anyone, but Molly is so trustworthy! She took some pictures of Jake while she was here:

No comments: