Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A December Miracle

This afternoon after Jake woke up from his nap, I looked outside and to my amazement, snow was falling from the Houston sky. This is a very rare occurrence in our part of the world and I quickly bundled up Jake and took him outside to experience the wonder. The snow wasn't exactly sticking to the ground as it was still slightly above freezing, but it definitely was coming down and sticking to the plants, trees, and cars. Jake didn't really understand the importance of this phenomenon, but still laughed and enjoyed being outside. I took several pictures trying to capture the miracle, but didn't quite do it justice. I also thought I might capture the ever elusive Christmas card photo that I can't seem to take this year, but I'm not sure I did that either. I might have to give up and leave that job to a professional :) Its been a good week...snow in Houston, OU will be playing for the national title again in football, Sam Bradford is up for the Heisman, I finished the first two books in the Twilight series, I've gone three straight days without having morning sickness...I do love December!






No comments: