I have had a happy and uneventful Mother's Day for which I am VERY grateful! This is my third official Mother's Day and the first two Mother's Day weekends were spent in the ER with Jake so I loved a normal one today :) Two years ago Jake had a stomach virus and they thought he was dehydrated so went to the ER and then I caught the virus and spent that Sunday in bed. Last year was when Jake had the rare reaction to the chicken pox vaccine and couldn't walk for 24 hours because his equilibrium was so distorted. We took him to the ER that time as well and luckily had a doctor who had been there long enough to make the diagnosis. This year we're waiting for the call about Jake's surgery, but all in all we're healthy and very blessed.
Ty bought me a new flat iron which I am so excited about. Nothing makes me feels better than controlled hair in this Houston humidity :) Its about to drive me crazy since I'm growing it out (I'm in need of a pony tail with two kids I've decided) and my old flat iron has officially died. This morning Ty brought me coffee from Starbucks along with a rose and a sweet card from the kids. He took us along with his mom and stepdad to Shogun for lunch....delicious! I also got a nap today so that always makes me happy :)
I wish I could have been with my mom for Mother's Day today too, but she's spending the day with my brother and his family and enjoying them I know. One of these years I'll make it to Oklahoma on Mother's Day weekend to spend it with her.
Its been a great day and I'm quite thankful its been so "normal"! Oh, and I couldn't resist adding these pictures of Grace. I love the one of her in her first jean skirt...I'm definitely having fun dressing a baby girl :)
No comments:
Post a Comment