Jake had his first day of Mother's Day Out last Wednesday at WoodsEdge Community Church. He seemed to have a really great time and came home with a glowing report from his teachers. They said he was quiet, but very cooperative and played well with others. I've heard wonderful things about this program and think Jake will really enjoy it. While he is at school, I have Wednesdays alone with Grace. I discovered that storytime for infants is at 9:15 at the Woodlands library so I can go straight there after dropping Jake off and let Grace have some fun. Jake has never been a big fan of storytime, but Grace loved it! The librarian mostly sings songs and reads just a few stories. Grace smiled and laughed and loved interacting with the other babies. I think this will be our special outing together once a week. I'll post more pictures of Grace later this week but here are some of Jake:
His backpack is so heavy, it knocked him down! I didn't mean for him to actually carry it, but he was very insistent. He has a toddler size backpack, but it won't fit everything he's supposed to bring so I had to get him a "super-size" backpack :)
One day last week, Jake decided to dress up like Daddy so he's carrying Ty's tennis bag, his own backpack, and completing the ensemble with a baseball hat and pacifier. It also looks like he's flashing gang signs, but I promise he isn't (unless he picked that up at school!) :)
And lastly, here's Jake at his first Texans' game. Ty was given tickets from a client at work and took Jake a few Sundays ago. Ty said he did great and had fun!
1 comment:
That is great. I haven't taken Mark to Story time yet. But Owen loves it.
Post a Comment