Yesterday we received great news for Jake. We found out that our insurance approved Jake for Synagis, a vaccine for RSV. We were denied for last Spring and have been waiting to hear the verdict for the Fall/Winter. Each of these shots costs $1500 and Jake needs one for each month September-March which is why we really needed the insurance to cover them. They recommend Synagis for preemies, multiples, and babies with heart problems so the insurance company had to be convinced that Jake had a heart defect that was serious enough. Dr. Grenier felt strongly he should have the vaccine so we can keep him healthy and prolong his surgery. We have a check-up with Dr. Grenier (his cardiologist) on Tuesday and she'll do an Echo so we'll see how Jake is doing. He seems so healthy to me and is still gaining weight so I feel like we'll have good check-up next week.
The picture today is Jake with his Halloween basket his Aunt Jen sent him. Its a spider and Jake laughs and laughs when it tickles him. Good idea Aunt Jen :) Now I just have to decide what to dress him as for Halloween. All of the costumes I'm finding are so hot and Jake is so hot natured, I don't want to smother him. I need to do some more brainstorming to come up with a good idea. Ty got him the hat at Kings Point...its still a little big, but Jake loves to wear hats and smiles when I put it on him.
On a different note, I was SO excited that "The Office" premiered last night. Since Ty is still in New York, we watched it together on the phone. The opening sequence where Michael hits Meredith with the car is one of the funniest things I've seen on TV...plus Jim and Pam are finally together...What more could I ask for??? I love the new fall TV season. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment