Wednesday, January 28, 2009

She's a miracle already

Monday we had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Altman at Texas Children's for Grace's heart. About 6 weeks ago when we were there, her echo showed leaking in one of her heart valves which was concerning to the doctor because she worried it was similar to Jake's problems. On Monday, the leaking was totally gone...just gone. The doctor said she didn't know what happened to it. We think we have a pretty good idea :) So many people have been praying for Grace when they haven't even met her yet, and I know God healed her heart. We are so thankful for the prayers and for God's grace to our Grace. Another positive in this situation is that we really love Dr. Altman and will be switching Jake to her care starting in May for his next appointment. I felt so comfortable with her and appreciate her thoroughness. I had to laugh a little bit because last time I was so overwhelmed with our long appointment and all of the "heart" jargon so this time Ty and Jonesa came with me, and it took about 10 minutes for her to say all was well.
I went to Dr. Turner yesterday for my regular OB check-up, and she had only good news as well. It looks like Grace is about 6 pounds right now, and she could feel her head so she's in position to come. I'm not dilated yet, but am having several Braxton Hicks contractions. Dr. Turner said she's definitely dropped and looks like she's wants to come out. Jake never did that so this is progress for me! At 41 weeks he was holding strong and not wanting to come and meet us so I was induced at that point.
Also, I wanted to give an update on the True Woman Bible study challenge I had talked about before. I started so strong, and have fallen sadly behind. I won't finish it this month, but I am determined to finish it--it just may be 20 days late or so. Jake's naps have been shorter and shorter and the Bible study is online which really requires him to be asleep for me to do it. I just did a lesson today, and it was on working joyfully in the home. This is a concept that has honestly overwhelmed me lately. Taking care of the house and Jake has been difficult as of late, and for the first time I started panicking thinking about balancing everything with 2 little ones in the house. God knew I needed to hear that today! So now, I'm going to get off this computer, march myself into my kitchen, and clean joyfully because I LOVE my family :)

2 comments:

TexasNeals said...

praise God! how awesome....on everything! :)

Randi said...

I am so far behind on blogging that I'm just now reading this! Praise God that He has healed your baby girl!