This isn't really my New Year's resolution, but nonetheless I wanted to share about the True Woman Makeover which I discovered through my friend Stacey's blog. I know I'm probably in need of a physical makeover (I've had the same haircut since Jake was born and I'm sure its time for a change--I just like it!), but this more of a spiritual makeover. Stacey had blogged about it awhile back and decided to take the challenge starting January 1st. I'm a day behind and didn't start until January 2nd. The website for this challenge is http://www.truewoman.com/.
The premise for this idea is to start a revival of women who seek to become more like the woman in Proverbs 31--you know the extremely perfect woman who gets up at dawn to make her family breakfast, sews her family beautiful clothes, helps the poor, makes linens to sell for extra money, and is praised by her husband and children. When I first started reading about this, I was a bit skeptical because I know right off I can never emulate this woman, but in the reading for day one the study asks you to read Proverbs 31 everyday for a month and promises you will gain insights beside what you first read. The ministry sends you an email each day for the month with insights about different sections of the text. I've read through the text three times so far and do believe imitating the Proverbs woman is more than going through a checklist of chores and duties; I'm learning its about having a servant heart for the Lord, your family, and others. Also, I've noticed that this woman does not have idle hands. In our society, I know we are way too busy, but I think we also tend to be idle at times in the wrong ways. If I would be busy more with the "right" things, I know I would have less time for gossiping, worrying, etc...So, I'm excited to study this woman more and see what God can teach me this month if I will just make time for Him.
I really want to take the month of January and digest this chapter in the Bible and dwell on how I can be a more Godly woman. I know I desperately need to be in God's word more. I have such good intentions, but have failed miserably the past few months. I've been trying to read the book: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World since October, and I do love the book, but I've been distracted and haven't made it past chapter three. That book has a Bible study with it which delves into scripture, and I do want to do that study as well. I can say I'm busy (which I am), but I also know I had time to read the four books in the Twilight series during the month of December so I'm not THAT busy :) I just need to make God a priority and seek him first like the scripture says (Matthew 6:33).
So, I'm going to start now and take this 30 day challenge and pray that God will renew my heart and help me to make Him the priority that I know he needs to be!
1 comment:
amy, i'm so glad you have decided to take the challenge!!! i have already gotten so much from it! i'm glad that i have read that chapter in the wrong light my whole life....b/c now i feel like there really is hope for me! HA! :)
i hope it will bless you and your marriage and your growing family so, so much! ;)
Post a Comment