Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Color Run

Last August I got inspired that I should get into shape so I signed up for The Color Run, a 5K downtown Houston.  The Run was in November and one of my best friends, Claudia, signed up with me. I had three months to train…I did well at first but didn't exactly reach my goal. When November rolled around, Ty ended up getting to go on a men's retreat in Ft. Worth the same weekend as the run. Jonesa was out of town, too as was Claudia's husband, Gary so if we still wanted to run, we had to bring our four kiddos. 

SO, I "ran" my first 5K pushing a double stroller with about 70 pounds in it. Not the most ideal situation, but it sure was fun. We made such fun memories and our kids loved the experience. The idea of the Color Run is that each kilometer, they throw colored powder on you so that when you're done, you're a giant rainbow. It was awesome! It is not a timed run and the perfect run to bring kids. People dressed up in all kinds of fun costumes. The only stipulation was you had to wear a white shirt. 

Before the run--all white
I love this picture! You can see the haze of color about halfway down…so many runners!

At the halfway point--lots of colors!

Claudia and Lillie Beth--she "ran" with us!

All kinds of dirty afterwards

Me and the kiddos

My partner in crime-always up for an adventure!

Jake loved it!


Next year, my goal is to train for real, run without my kiddos, and finish a 5K!

No comments: