Last weekend Jonesa came with us as Ty, Jake, and I ventured to Ft. Worth to visit Destin and Mark. This was Jake's first roadtrip post-surgery and with his new "big" carseat. He only slept about 30 minutes of the four hour drive on the way there, but he was fairly content between playing wtih his musical cards, eating cheerios, and listening to his mom and grandma sing and read him stories. Jonesa did a great job of entertaining him in the backseat! We got in Friday evening and ate at Rosa's (our favorite fast-food Mexican that we don't have in Houston). Saturday was cold and rainy, but we went to eat at a great restaurant called Babe's and then Destin, Jonesa, and I took Jake to walk around the mall.
Saturday night Jonesa kept Jake so the rest of us could go see Cary Pierce in concert in Dallas. Cary Pierce is our favorite singer to watch live...Ty introduced me to him on one of our first dates, and we've seen him several times since. He was playing at the House of Blues downtown which was a really cool venue to see him perform. Ty's other sister Casey and her boyfriend Jose met us there for the show. Before the show Ty saw a guy down front and said, "that looks like your friend Michael Arnold." Well, it WAS my friend Michael Arnold who we hadn't seen in 5 years at my brother's wedding. Michael and I have a really strong connection due to an accident he had while we were at Harding. He is my miracle friend who I will never forget. I plan on telling his story on the blog next month. Anyway, it was SO great to see him. I love how small our world really is...
We really did have a wonderful weekend. It was great for Jake to get to spend time with his fun aunts. He showed them how he is still almost walking and also had fun with his favorite "dog cousin," Tootsie, who gives Jake great kisses :) Family is a wonderful thing!
Jonesa, Jose, Casey, Jake (frantically waving at the camera), Ty, Mark and Destin
No comments:
Post a Comment