Saturday, February 23, 2008

He's off and walking

We have ourselves a little walker now. Jake has officially taken off and is semi-confidently walking! He's been pulling up and cruising since November...he's taken several steps this month, but he'd never quite put it all together until yesterday. I was talking to my dad on the phone Friday afternoon upstairs, and Jake just took off like he'd always been walking. He's just the cutest thing ever toddling around the house. He still in fairly unsteady and topples over frequently, but he just gets back up for more. We took the picture above at the park this afternoon. Jake went to a birthday party earlier in the day for his triplet friends: Harper, Addison, and Emery. When we got home, Ty and I took Jake and Gilbert to the neighborhood park to swing. After swinging, Jake got lots of practice walking in the grass. Ty also put Gilbert down a spiral slide, and Gilbert almost had a heart attack. I don't believe chihuahuas are meant to live on the edge like that :) It was the perfect afternoon to play outside. One thing I love about Houston is that we have BEAUTIFUL weather in February...nice, sunny, and 70 degrees...you can't beat it!

Below I included a picture of Jake for the benefit of Ty's family. When Ty was little, he would always sit on one knee when he was concentrating on something. We noticed lately that Jake has started sitting like this all of the time. Jake looks like Ty, has a heart like Ty, and now also has his daddy's mannerisms. I would say Ty's DNA is pretty strong! I promise I am Jake's mother...one of these days we'll find some similarities between us too :)


No comments: