After being in the hospital for another four days, being home for the next week sounds so great to me. Jake continued to run a low grade fever all day Saturday but sometime during the night it broke and he came home totally fever free this morning. They quickly signed our papers and we were out by 11:00--that has to be some sort of record. Grace had gone to church and Bible class with Claudia today so we got her back early afternoon and have had a relaxing afternoon as a family.Today I was thinking about the dates that Jake has been hospitalized and it makes quite the interesting case study. He's always in the hospital on a holiday or on someone's birthday. At four month's old his first trip to the ER was for a bad stomach virus that coincidentally was on Mother's Day. A year later on Mother's Day, he had his second trip to the ER when he had the weird reaction to the chicken pox vaccine and couldn't walk for two days. His third trip to the ER was when he fell off some playground equipment and broke his nose and had a bleed on his brain on Valentine's Day. His first heart surgery was on my birthday, his second was the day after our anniversary and my dad's birthday (pre-op was on those days), his third and recent surgery was on his best friend Jackson's birthday. This recent hospital stay started on my brother's birthday.
Strange, strange, strange...
Anyway, we're glad to be home from this trip and hope it's many, many, many holidays from now that we ever have to go back!
2 comments:
Mrs. McCathran, thank you so much for your comment on my blog! We're doing better and moving forward. I'm so glad to have found your blog and see what you and your family have been up to in the last 6 years... gosh I can't even believe it has been that long!
You and your family "wow" me at your faith and courage through little Jake's life, what a story he will have of faith!
Well, I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and let you know how precious your little ones are! I hope you're doing well!
Yea, I'm soooo glad you're all home and better! Thank you for your blog. I've been so worried about you all! Please rest and heal, and eat and be blessed with much family and hugs! We love you so much!
Post a Comment